Renee receives Cornell University Certificate
Renee received a Certificate from Cornell University’s SC Johnson College of Business on Women in Leadership. The certificate program examines the issues facing women in leadership positions and offers strategics for handling them, with a focus on:
- Navigating the “double bind” dilemma facing women in leadership; that is, women are both penalized for using leadership behaviors associated with masculinity and penalized as being weak if their behavior is seen as too feminine.
- Outmaneuvering typical negotiation traps that women leaders fall into.
- Developing emotional intelligence so that women can lead others with greater empathy, self-awareness, and social management.
- Giving feedback effectively, putting their team in a position to succeed.
- Identifying what an optimal work/life balance looks like and give women leaders the tools needed to craft this balance for themselves, allowing for both professional and personal success.